Terms & Conditions
The legal matters in how we engage and operate
The ‘Client’ means the party, or any person acting on their behalf with whom Kuro Kin Limited contracts.
- All charges & prices for services carried out by Kuro Kin Limited are subject to VAT (where applicable) at the prevalent rate.
- All estimated prices quoted, whether written or verbal, are for the listed and mentioned services only. Any additional services required to complete a project will be quoted for in advance and charged accordingly. Deliveries and couriers are additional. Any 3rd party costs such as print, hosting, are additional and Kuro Kin will notify The Client for approval before purchase.
- Where there is a change of brief, Kuro Kin Limited will inform the Client in advance of any extra costs likely to be incurred.
- For all new clients payment for the full or part amount + VAT may be requested in advance of commencement, as agreed between parties. For any subsequent invoiced work, the Company must receive full payment not later than 30 days after the date of Invoice.
- Payment terms - will be supplied in the SOW (Statement of Work) for approval.
- All projects are planned to an agreed schedule. Non-adherence to this schedule by the Client may result in compromising final delivery deadlines. If this is likely to occur, Kuro Kin Limited will advise the Client as soon as this becomes evident and suggest an alternative solution where feasible.
- Whilst every effort will be made to achieve agreed delivery, Kuro Kin Limited cannot accept liability or be held financially responsible for any targets or deadlines being missed for delivery of any work which is outside of Kuro Kin Limited’s control.
- If a client deliverable — such as input, approvals, or payment — is late more than 5 business days the project will be considered “on hold.” Once the deliverable is received and the project is re-activated it will be rescheduled based on Kuro Kin’s current workload and availability.
- All creative work produced and devised during a project(s), creative, digital, software files and related correspondence remain the property – physically, intellectually and in copyright, of Kuro Kin Limited until full payment has been made on the Client’s account, and all project costs have been cleared.
- The Client may not copy, duplicate or reuse any work provided by Kuro Kin Limited for anything other than the original intended purpose. E.g You may not duplicate our website code and design.
- Once final proofs/materials have been signed off, Kuro Kin cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
- It is the responsibility of the Client that all materials (including, but not limited to images, diagrams, logos, videos, data, as well as intellectual property in other media) supplied to Kuro Kin Limited by the client will have the relevant copyrights, licenses and permissions for use in the commissioned project. Kuro Kin Limited will not accept responsibility/liability for infringements caused by any wrongly supplied materials.
- Kuro Kin Limited reserves the right to commission freelance support or outsource any job if it is felt it is in the best interests of the Client. Any outsourced job remains the property/responsibility of Kuro Kin Limited and such services are deemed to be carried out ‘indirectly’ by Kuro Kin Limited.
- If at any point during the design or development cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Kuro Kin Limited judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission and further compensatory charges for booked design time or printing press time or any other supply costs accruing.
- Kuro Kin Limited reserves the right to use both initial creative concepts and final approved design work for the purposes of Kuro Kin Limited’s marketing activities (both online and offline) unless otherwise requested/agreed with the Client.
- Notification will be sent to all clients at the time of the Terms and Conditions alterations.
- All websites supplied by Kuro Kin Limited will receive a complimentary 30 day support once live (assuming payment has been cleared). This gives the client extra time to report any fixes and bugs that were not found during development and testing. This only covers the deliverables provided by Kuro Kin Limited.
Areas not covered:
a) Any content provided by the Client
b) Any content added by the the Client
c) Any configuration or changes made by the Client
d) Any defects caused by changes in 3rd party services e.g Google, Twitter, Facebook, 3rd party api’s
- Our default browser support package covers all modern browsers. This includes, Chrome , Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 10+, Edge, IOS and Android. Generally this covers all browsers released from 2010 onwards. Other browsers can be supported but this will incur an additional charge and must be included in the Statement of Work during approval process.